OUPA works together with the appointing departments, other Brown offices, and the Brown Postdoc Council to achieve this mission.
- Building postdoc community and identity
- Communication, marketing, and recruitment
- Guiding postdoc policies and procedures
- Career and professional development activities and guidance
- Coordination across university units
- Advising on postdoc data collection
- Convening university stakeholders to address concerns and new opportunities
- Supporting the pursuit of external funding opportunities (individual and programmatic)
- Adopting and influencing national best practices
Please note that while the OUPA does not oversee Brown’s postdoc affiliates employed at our partner hospitals, we encourage their engagement in our office's community-building and professional activities.